Follow me on: Facebook Pinterest Instagram

Thursday 12 July 2012

Holiday cottage in Maine

There was a great holiday cottage featured in Houzz newsletter which caught my eye.  It is from Hunting Island in Maine and I love how the light and airy interiors contrast with the harsh landscape and roughness of the building. There is something so interesting about the glass shower box against the rock walls and I love the tree branch used on the stair case.  I find that sometimes with cottages like this the interiors are very dark and gloomy with mahogany woods and red tones, but this scheme is almost french countryside chic.
The house was designed by Knickerbocker Group (architects) and photos taken by Darren Setlow and borrowed from Houzz.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on:

Facebook

Pinterest

Instagram

View my website: